Runny noses and growling gremlins


Back from a long break at writing. I feel that coercing myself to write would be pointless, so I don't. I am sorry to those of you in far and away parts of the world who like to be updated on our ever so exciting life. To be honest, the reason I don't write anymore is just for that reason. Our life IS ever so exciting, and to find time for writing about it, would mean I would have to sacrifice those exciting moments. Some exciting moments of the week were.

1. An early start:
Elliott has recently decided that if his dad is going to be waking up at six to get ready for work, he is darn well going to spend some time with him before he leaves for a ten hour day. At first I was a little sad that sleeping in (until 7) was becoming less and less habitual, but later I realized how amazing it is to spend an hour together before we go our separate ways.
This past week Elliott and I have been sick, first started by daddy, who likes to bring home the germs from the outside world. This is the first time I have been sick while having a baby. It's hard. I can't imagine what it would be if you had multiple children, and everyone was sick. I consider myself lucky right now.
11pm-I awake to Elliott crying, and by crying I mean screaming. I rush to get him, not wanting his little throat to get more irritated than it already is. This is the 3rd time already he has awoken from his 7pm bedtime.
12pm- He awakens, and I feed him to calm him down
4pm- There was no more putting him down again. He was ready to be up and play. My darling husband joined the gang, as we had an early morning cup of tea. Honestly, I was on the verge of a breakdown at this point.
5pm- I rock Elliott to sleep, hoping his medicine will let him sleep a little longer.
6pm- Elliott is up and ready to play again. I was crying at this point, worried for my little guy and in dire need of sleep. Christoph so wonderfully called into work and said he would be late. I was able to get a bit more rest.

I am so blessed with such a wonderful husband who takes care of us, even when he works so hard each day. It took me of guard to be up so much in the night, and brought me back to when Elliott used to wake every couple hours in need of food when he was little. I am so proud of all of the wonderful mothers who sometimes have the hardest, yet most rewarding job in the world.
I would also like to thank God for creating coffee beans. I wouldn't be alive today, if it weren't for coffee beans.

In these moments, it is hard, and you ask yourself if you are really cut out to be doing what you are doing. The reality is, if life weren't sometimes hard, we wouldn't appreciate anything. I am so thankful for this life that God has given me, and every single moment I have with my family.

2. Elliott's little noises
As time goes on, Elliott is beginning to discover the ability to make sounds. The first sounds of his life including crying, and farting, but i am glad to say he discovers new one's everyday. Recently he has found his natural ability to growl. I believe he picked that up from a very naughty little girl we met, while waiting to get my last name changed at the social security office. Elliott was so excited to meet someone new, especially someone his size. They were eying each other for awhile before us mothers brought them together. This little girl was a bit older, by a few months, and had starting walking. Elliott just stood there, waiting to softly touch her face as she approached. Then, BAM! This little girl attacked Elliott like a football player tackling his opponent, growling like an evil gremlin, squeezing his sides, as he helplessly let out a little shriek. His face looked as though he was wondering, just what kind of creature was this. I quickly took Elliott in my arms, faking a smile and said, "Wow, she is excited."
I never know quite how to react in these situations, as I have never been in a situation such as this.
Goes to say, Elliott has picked up his own little growl, but the difference between his growl and hers, his sounds more like a cute puppy growl while hers was something not of this world.

Comments

Popular Posts